BikeAAA is pleased to provide its 2019 Annual Report which provides a comprehensive view of BikeAAA and Annapolis & Anne Arundel County progress, challenges and goals.
Click BikeAAA 2019 Annual Report to see the full report.
- Approximately 24 new miles of bikeways (trails and on-road lanes) since 2016 added by County, City of Annapolis, SHA and developers including a record 10 miles in 2019; total now 80 miles
- Expanded our Wheels of Hope program providing bikes and helmets for adults and children in need by partnering with Anne Arundel County Food Bank which houses the program along with partners AAMC, County Police Bike Patrol and Bike Doctor Crofton
- Anne Arundel County Multi-modal Transportation Bill 78-18 now in effect assuring residential and commercial developments assess bike/pedestrian/ transit connectivity
- 6th annual Lifeline100 drew over 800 registrants and raised a record $33,250 for local non-profits
- Anne Arundel secured the most grant dollars (>$3M) in the state for bikeways including the Broadneck Trail and studies for trail expansion in Annapolis and Linthicum/Brooklyn Park
- Record-level pipeline of trail and bikeway projects in study, design and construction
- Over 100 free children’s helmets distributed through partners
- BikeAAA sponsors Rise for Autism’s iCan Bike camp for kids with special needs
- Partner PedalPower Kids has taught more than 1,600 kids with learn to ride, safety and adventure programs including community outreach to underserved children
- Bike to School Day and Bike to Work Day continue to grow
- Multimodal Move Anne Arundel transportation master plan approved by the County Council
- Patuxent River Hiker/Biker Bridge design advancing; construction slated to start in 2020
- More than 900 members, over 2,400 contacts and over 1,200 on Facebook Group
- All 5 major county cycling clubs are BikeAAA members – Annapolis Bicycle Club, Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team, Annapolis Triathlon Club, Severna Park Peloton and Velo City Riders